Lowongan Kerja West Papua Sea Project Coordinator, Deadline 25 November 2016 Jobs@SEA-Indonesia.org. Informasi loker terbaru untuk Anda yang membutuhkan lowongan pekerjaan, berikut ini adalah lowongan sebagai Koordinator SEA PROJECT wilayah Papua Barat, Ambon, Maluku. Jika Anda bermaksud mendaftar lowongan pekerjaan ini, segera kirimakn aplikasi Anda sebelum 25/11/2016.
SEA PROJECT COORDINATOR – WEST PAPUA. Overview. The Indonesia Sustainable Ecosystems Advanced (SEA) Project is a five-year contract that supports the Government of Indonesia to conserve biological diversity and improve the governance of marine resources at local, district, provincial and national levels. By using an ecosystem-based approach to management and engaging key stakeholders, the SEA Project will 1) enhance conservation and sustainable use of marine resources by reforming fisheries management and promoting marine protected areas to enhance fisheries productivity, food and nutrition security, and sustainable livelihoods within the target area; and 2) strengthen the leadership role and capacity of the Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries and local governments to promote conservation and sustainable fishing. The SEA Project is implemented by Tetra Tech and a consortium of partners that includes Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS), Coral Triangle Center (CTC) and WWF-Indonesia (WWF). The SEA Project will run from March 2016 through March 2021.
The SEA Project is predicated on an ecosystem approach to fisheries and marine resources management, which implies that it will integrate across sectors and assist in the development of plans and implementation actions that address biophysical, governance and socio-economic concerns. To accomplish this vision of ecosystem approach and integration, it will need to formulate a consistent level of baseline information for project areas so that actions and longer-term plans will truly address the underlying issues and threats to the geographic areas of focus. Such an approach will also provide a model for other areas in Indonesia and a systematic means of scaling up coastal and marine resource management by local districts, provinces and the national government.
The SEA Project will implement activities in the three provinces —West Papua, North Maluku, and Maluku Provinces—that lie within Indonesia’s Fishery Management Zone WWP-715. This zone was chosen to be the site of the SEA Project because of the area’s high marine biodiversity, status as a national priority area for fisheries, the presence of small island provinces/districts, high rates of extreme poverty and high vulnerability to climate change. The project will also operate at a national scale to support specific activities of the Ministry of Marine Affaires and Fisheries.
Background. At the end of five years, the SEA project is expected to improve the conservation and management of Indonesia’s marine biodiversity through improved capacity and practical application of marine conservation and sustainable fisheries management. High-level results that must be achieved by the completion of the project are:
- At least six million hectares in the target WPP or sub-WPP under improved fisheries management as a result of USG assistance, measured through the MMAF EAFM and MPA Effectiveness Index scores or other approved national or international standards, disaggregated by national, provincial and district jurisdiction, and by whether within or outside MPAs.
- At least six policies, laws, regulations, and/or operational protocols in support of marine conservation and sustainable fisheries management created, strengthened, promulgated, and/or enforced at all levels.
- Key drivers and highest-rated pressures to marine biodiversity show a declining trend in the target areas.
70% of SEA Project will implement activities in North Maluku, Maluku, and West Papua. The SEA Project had selected Ambon as the regional hub of the SEA Project activities in the three provinces. The Ambon office will coordinate the technical (i,e, programmatic) as well as logistical and administrative aspects of field activities implemented by NGO partners. In West Papua and North Maluku, field activities will be led by WWF and WCS respectively, including offices and its operations. SEA Project sees the need to have a representative in each office in West Papua and North Maluku to ensure coordination and alignment of activities to SEA Project Work plan. The SEA Project will recruit SEA Project Coordinator for West Papua to coordinate activities and support the SEA Project Ambon Regional Hub.
Job Summary. The SEA Project Coordinator for West Papua will provide overall coordinator of technical/programmatic aspect of the implementation of the SEA Project including project reporting and monitoring activities in West Papua. The SEA Project Coordinator will report to SEA Regional Director and will work closely with the Regional Technical Director based in Ambon. In addition, the SEA Project Coordinator will work closely with WWF Indonesia as the lead implementer in West Papua.
Tasks. The SEA Project Coordinator for West Papua will:
- Lead the coordination for SEA project implementation in West Papua. In particular, he/she will coordinate closely with WWF Indonesia as the Lead Implementer of SEA Project in West Papua.
- Facilitate the technical approach aspects (i.e. Ecosystem Approach to Fisheries Management, Marine Protected Area Management, Marine Spatial Planning Process, and Law Enforcement) of SEA Project and provide technical guidance on aspects of the project, ensuring the achievement of SEA Project goal and targets in West Papua.
- Work closely with Senior M&E Specialist and Regional M&E Specialist in the process of monitoring and evaluation of the SEA Project in accordance to SEA Project ME&L Plan
- Provide support to Regional Director in regular project reporting, monitoring, and evaluation as required by the SEA Project Scope of Work.
- Liaise daily or as required with the NGO representatives ensuring the implementation and the achievement of SEA Project objective.
Education: University degree in coastal and marine resources management, fisheries, or related field. Relevant experience and another university degree may substitute for the degrees mentioned. Master degree holder is preferred
- Five to seven years experience working on project/activities in fisheries, conservation of marine resources, or related field.
- Must be familiar with the Government of Indonesia’s system, at the national and provincial level.
- Must be familiar with working with M&E systems, policies, and processes particularly with USAID monitoring and evaluation system procedures and requirements.
- Must be familiar working with NGO in general.
- Fluent in Bahasa Indonesia and professional proficiency in oral and written English
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- High degree of adaptability to varied working environments and good interpersonal and teamwork skills to effectively work with a diverse group.
- Good computer skills, including internet and email.
If you are interested and qualified , please send your latest CV to Jobs@SEA-Indonesia.org before November 25th, 2016. Please note the title of the position you are applying for in your submission email.
Note: position titles may be adjusted to reflect level of experience of selected candidates.
Demikianlah update info loker terbaru dari wartasolo.com tentang lowongan pekerjaan sebagai West Papua Sea Project Coordinator, semoga bermanfaat bagi Anda yang membutuhkannya. [Nailah Azka – WartaSolo.com]